I have been living in North Carolina for the past seven years and have endured seven HOT SWEATY HUMID summers. I look forward to cooler temperatures and crunchy leaves. So to pay homage to David Letterman here is my top ten list of why October is a Favorite Month.
October is a Favorite Month
- It's cool enough in the morning and evening for a light jacket or sweatshirt
- Falling leaves that blanket the ground
- SOCKS! I don't get super sweaty feet and I can oil them up after my pedicures. PLUS Socks with shoes, generally I never wear closed toed shoes.
- Snuggling under a quilt with a good book or while watching a movie
- PUPPY SNUGGLES. Both doggies like to join me under said quilt.
- All Hallow's Eve or Halloween - this means trunker or treat at church and costumes, cute kiddos asking for treats like 'choch-rit' (chocolate)
- Squash and Zucchini season - there's nothing like oven roasted squash or butternut squash soup. And we cannot forget about spaghetti squash topped with marinara and mozzarella. YUMM!
- Not being damp from morning to night. I am not a sweaty Betty, but during the summer, there is not much I can do to mitigate the humidity. I just stick to air conditioned spaces.
- Jeans and Long Pants. I wore jeans every day back in the PNW. Out here in the Old North State, I wear skirts and dresses, sandals and flip flops. The cooler weather allows for my toes to get chilly and WANT to be in a closed toe shoes.
- APPLES. In the PNW there are quality apples and peaches and pears year round, but in the South, there are peaches in the late summer and dinky New York apples in the fall. The good Washington apples are great during the fall but the quality drops off a TON by December.
What are your favorite things about fall???